CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Renaissance Family Singers

Our summer adventures continued into the Labor Day Weekend with a trip to the Aspen Institute for Renaissance Weekend. Here are some pictures of beautiful Colorado. I just love the color of these flowers!
Ariel and Mandy practiced their ukuleles.
Ariel took Chunka (Laura) on a nature walk. Here you can see our gigantic Renaissance name tags. Love how big they are so you don't have to squint at people's boobs to read their names.
Laura at one of these ponds. The hotel and the manicured lawns were modern artsy.
Lin plays on a sculpture. I think I'll call this "Boy at Rest".

Renaissance Weekend was lots of fun. Renaissance has a policy against cameras, tape recorders, etc. in sessions since everything is off-the-record. You can find information and pictures of previous weekends on their website http://www.renaissanceweekend.org/ In fact, if you look at their photo album, you'll find a picture with Shauna, Mandy, and Lin on the last page :) Our friends, Julian and Rhona Frazen write hysterical musicals each year making fun of current trends and politics using popular songs and broadway hits. Only at Renaissance Weekend will you see a man wearing a John Edward's name tag singing "I Feel Pretty" or my daughters as canine back-up singers to a guy playing Leona Helmsley's dog. She left her dog millions of dollars so he's singing "If I Were a Rich Dog" to the tune of "If I Were a Rich Man". My daughters were both beautiful and hysterical. Here they are practicing in our hotel room.
Daddy and Shauna also had solo numbers and did well. I didn't get to see them live this year because Laura & Lin couldn't sit through dinner and the show. I heard the audience response was wonderful. The day before, Daddy entertained the lunch crowd with a humorous rift on the Founding Fathers and this year's election. He's so brave. They are a very intimidating crowd.

1 comments:

Carlie said...

wouldn't i love to have seen all of those wild performances! love that talented family.